Marlin 1894 .44mag for hog Hunting?

Hello fellow hog hunters I have a marlin in 44mag that I would like to try out for hogs I know it will get the job done with two key things, proper ammo and proper shot placement, I was just wondering if any ofyou fellow memberhunt hogs with a marlin 44 levergun as well and what are your resultson it? Also please specify ammo brand?grain and so forth...Thanks for reading and for any info you can provide me...

I use my Winchester Mod 94AE .44 mag all the time. The best ammo I have found is the Hornady Leverlution ammo in 225gr. It out shoots the Rem ammo anyday of the week. Go for a head or neck shot if you can. I have shot hogs at well over a hundred yds through the boiler room also with this gun and those bullets.

I have used my model 94 with 150gr remington many times with very good results

Thanks for the replies. @txbhunter1, how do the hornadyLE ammo hold up after hitting a hog? I figured it would be more accurate than the rem or win, which is what I use now. The reason I ask about it holding up is because I have heard people taking about the HornadyLE bullet breaking apart and desinigrating upon impact after hitting heavy bone(like a skull or shoulder) of large hogs, I have not tried this ammo yet but would propably give them a try and see for myself,and thanks again for the reply.

I have had no issues with them breaking apart. Expansion is real good. Had lots os issues with the Rem ammo doing just as you said. I know once you try them, you'll be sold on the ammo.

Thanks, i will definately be getting a box or two to try......

They are a bit pricey, but well worth it.

I used this gun to kill plenty of hogs, one down fall range, but will stop them in their tracks

Quote Originally Posted by destroyer4570 View Post
    Thanks, i will definately be getting a box or two to try......
    did it worth? in my experience it's a good option