Site Owner

TV Show Looking for a Family in the Hog Business....

Hi guys and gals, I got a call today from a production company in California. They are trying to put together a show, for a major network, about the feral hog epidemic....with a family twist. While they weren't very specific, it seems that they are looking for a family that is in the hog controlbusiness. I don't think that they are looking for a fenced operation, but rather a family that is more involved in the control and eradication of free-ranging hogs....thereby helping the farmers and ranchers with this ever-growing problem. So if you know a husband/wife/son/daughter operation (the more family involvement, the better) that fits that description, let me know and I will pass the info on to the producer....or just get him to log on and read it here. I think they are looking for something similar to Swamp People or Deadliest Catch...with a hog twist. Let's hear it! Clark

As for the eradication....Hogdude1234 or anyone of you guys can give em info or even video footage of that!!

Site Owner
    I think they're looking more for the family aspect, along with stories about how they are benefitting area landowners, and less about the actual hog killing. Major networks aren't going to air a lot of kill shots on dry land. (it's somehow ok to shoot an alligator in the water, but pork in the pasture is a different story)

Here's an article about the program.... By WALT BELCHER Published: September 30, 2010 (from TBO.com) TV crew hoping to root up hog stories - http://www2.tbo.com/content/2010/sep/30/na-tv-crew-hoping-to-root-up-hog-stories/ TAMPA - Sooie! Sooie! Here Piggy, piggy, piggy! If you've got a problem with pesky feral pigs, a California-based TV production company wants to talk. "It's a national problem, thousands of wild pigs are now found in 35 states," says Sean Boyriven, a producer with Film Garden Entertainment. National wildlife officials estimate there are more than 3 million pigs on the loose and Florida, with an estimated 500,000-plus is second only to Texas in wild pig populations. Boyriven says his company is developing a reality series "for a major cable network" which he cannot disclose at this point. The series would debut sometime in 2011, he says. Film crews have visited Hawaii and Texas and are coming to the Tampa area today. Boyriven says he already has contacted some people in the area who are having pig problems. "But we could always use more stories," he says. "We are looking for people who are having serious problems and need the pigs removed. People who are really at their wits' end and need help." He says he has interviewed a Riverview man whose yard has been rooted up by porcine pests. Boyriven says a St. Petersburg-based All Star Animal Removal has been contracted to deal with the pigs should they find any. Feral hogs long have been in the rural areas of the South. They have no natural predators, says Boyriven. Some can weigh 400 pounds. Wild pigs include feral hogs, which are domestic swine that have escaped captivity and turned wild. The name also includes wild boar, which are native to Eurasia and were brought to America by Spanish explorer Hernando De Soto during a trip to Florida in 1593. Those with a pig problem who are interested can contact Boyriven at (818) 475-6419.

Site Owner
    Nope...this is a completely different show. Those guys were supposedly in the Bryan/College Station area last week(although they didn't return calls from several people)

I would have to break my rules about not watching reality tv programs and watch this one.

I was contacted by a production company a month or more ago about doing a casting call for a show that they were fixing to get started about hogs and people wdeal with them. They found my vids on youtube and somehow got my number. I told her that I was involved with another deal that could possibly put me on TV and she said that was going to be a problem...I also told her that, although I have alot of hog hunting videos and do hunt/trap quite a bit, my life does not revolve around hogs. And when she told me they did not want to do a hunting show and show hunting and killing of hogs, I said "see ya!!!"

Site Owner
    There are currently at least 4 production companies that are looking into coming up with hog-related shows. One wants to focus on the damage done by the hogs and how it affects people. Two of them are more interested in the people that are trying to solve the problem and the fourth is too wishy-washy to say what they want. Regardless of the focus of the show, you can bet that it WILL NOT include much hunting video...especially kill shots....there are too mainly tree-hugging liberals in charge of the major networks for that to happen. It's OK to show crabs being caught by the thousands or alligators shot and stacked like cord wood. Heck, America even gets a kick out of watching a guy with several wives on TV....but, seeing a poor, defenseless little pig being killed is just too much....forget the fact that that poor defenseless, little pig is really a 300 lb. boar hog that does several thousand dollars worth of damage every year, to the farm and ranchland of America. Until the hogs are consistently rooting up the fairways of Augusta National or the White House lawn, don't expect things to change either.

10-4 on that Clark!!! And when the hogs do start rooting up those high profile places, I bet they get the guys from Jackass out there running around in nothing but jock straps chasing the hogs with swiss army kives!!! LMAO!!! Just sayin'...