Thread: 25-06 hog

25-06 hog

took this one this mornin, while checkin on calves, 110 yds., 25-06 - 75 gr. hornady v-max, missed 2 runnin shots, about 10-12 hogs

Good shots. Perfect. I'm using an Encore in 25:06. Shooting a 85 grain Nosler ballistic tip with 58 grains of H4831. My longest shot was 200 yards, 185 # boar right behind the ear. Dropped in his tracks. This is the hog on my profile picture.

I am starting to build up an Encore for 300 whisper eventually silenced.I have not shot it as I haven't got the barrel it seems like its got a great trigger and I know its going to work out.What kind of scope? I can't wait. Chuck

I'm using a Leupold 4.5X14X50. I also have a NP3 green Lazer light mounted on the scope. I haven't used the light yet since all of the hogs I've killed have been before 8PM. My gunsmith filed the sear on my trigger so that it's set at about 2#'s. There is no adjustment on an Encore trigger.

i'm wantin to get a 7mm stw barrel for my encore, have a 280 right now, looks like i'm going to buy a 7mm mag barrel and have it rechambered for the 7mm stw , i can't find that caliber in a barrel anywhere, good choice in scopes

I also use a nds 3 on a Leopold scope it don't work to well ,My Leopold is an old scope probably a 40 mm,I use my Nikon binoculars and I see wonderful way out,how does your 50 mm Leopold look and how far out do you see with it.I have a lot of money in it and do want to use it.Chuck