Missed opportunity

Well, I have been wating all year long to head down south to La Mota Ranch in Benavides TX fora special Wild Boar hunt with my dad, we decieded to plan a weekend hunt for Thanksgiving weekend since most of the other hunters were out of town for the Holiday. So we feed the ranch senderos and hog traps with corn meal and flour corn and acorns, there was fresh sign all over the place where hogs had been moving around. My dad offered for me to sit in his blind but I choose to sit in a higher tower blind just north of his location near a creeek thinking the hogs would be moving near the creek. Well, at about 5pm my dad called me that his feeder was full of monster hogs eating corn, some were as 250 lbs and bigger. He fired one shot, then another, but nothing dropped, later the next day we discovered that his bullet had glanced off the feeder 1 1/2 pipe and deflected the shot away from hitting the hog and he was able to escape with no injury. The one thing I wanted to accomplish over the Thanksgiving Holiday was to harvest a monster boar, that did not happen, but that is how hunting goes and I wil be back inDecember to hopefully encounter another group of monster hogs!!!

Site Owner
    Hate to hear that!.....Look on the bright side.....they'll just be a little bigger in December! LOL.

Thanks Clark, I just a got a call on Monday that another hunter on the ranch shot one of the monster boars roaming the property it was over 300lbs and he claims there are still plenty more out there to be harvested come Christmas time, you bet I will be back in the blind chasing some pork!!!