Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lumenocks

txbhunter1 wrote... WyomingHunter, What kind of problems did you have with the Tracer Nocks? They are in fact the ones that use the magnets to turn on and off. All the lit. on them say they are almost fullproof. Please let me know. This is getting expensive trying all of them out. Almost like BH's. LOL Getting quite a box full. They wouldn't light up when shot but would flash on/off after hitting the ground. I just sent away for some Carbon Express Lazer Eye nocks. Hope they work better than what I've had so far!

Not sure you will like the Laser nocks either. They need to be taken out of your arrows everytime after the shot to turn them off. Po-Nocks, Archers Flame, and Laser nocks all have to be removed after evry shot to be turned off. Isee the nocks themselves getting worn and becoming loose after so many shots. That is unless you just use them when hunting at night and use reg nocks for practice.

Tracer nocks Guys, those are the best in my opinion. The one thing that may give me an advantage is I shoot with a whisker biscuit....I stick the magnet on the set screw front and center on it. The magnet may actually magnetize the whole damn thing. I have had very little issues with them if any. Guys, all you gotta do is buy a pack of them, make sure they work before you leave the store, fling them a few times when you get home to make sure you got it all set up right, then go hunt. If they fail you then more than likely it is your set up. Period. I have shot them into my target 100's of times and they work every time. An added note, they stay lit for a very long time. I shot a pig once and he ran off with my arrow, nock lit. I found the broken shaft 48 hours later and it was still blinking. The Tracers go into blink mode after 10 seconds. This saves battery life. I can't say much more about how well these nocks have worked for me. Give them a try. Shane Ladewig >>-----------------------------> TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

Ishot my blackbuck with one on Sun morning and it was still blinking Thu. Icould not shut it off. LOL

what about making your own? i've heard alot about using a bobbing cork light and a clear nock. a friend of mine is going to show me how to make them. they would avg 2-4 bucks a nock. any thoughts?

<embed height="315" width="427" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hMqLT-4ezzk%26hl=en%26fs=1%26rel=0"></embed> Vid on how to make your own lighted nocks!!!! Shane Ladewig &gt;&gt;------------------------&gt; TexasHogHunter.com Pro Staff Member

thanks hog dude i will use that

My lumenocks have only gone on upon impact and have then stopped working as they pass through the animal. I ve had good luck with my homemade ones. Check youtube.

Have already switched to Tracers after the numerous other being tried.

Quote Originally Posted by rusa7476
    thanks hog dude i will use that
    Ibuild my own all the time. Be prepared to ruin a few to start until you get it down. If you shoot small diameter arrows like Beman Mfxthat use hidden insertsyou might as well not even try because they are too narrow to get the light to fit in your nock.