Thread: Predator Calls

Predator Calls

OK - I have question for everyone and sure it will spark alot of debates. Which is better, electronic call or mouth calls? Know I am all for technology and eletric calls for their near life like calling ability and their ease of use. Most of them are put batteries in it and press a button on the remote to produce the call you want. On the other hand, mouth calls are very good too cause there are no batteries to worry about and can be used at anytime with out worry if the batteries are going out or if the button(s) dont work, etc. Their only draw back is practice practice practice to make it work right. I am looking for some help from those that have used both or either type and can give some insight into this very difficult decision. Electronic or mouth call, which one?

I got a electronic call for Christmas and just drug it out and was playing with it in my garage.I looked up and my neighbor lady was out walking her dog followed by a over friendly neighbor dog.That call stopped them cold.It was funny they were standing out in the middle of the road 100 yards down the street from my house.I hope the coyotes will do that tonight when I try it out.Chuck

good luck with that....let us know how it turns out

ok well the budget did not allow for an electric call so I went to Gander and found an Ed Scerry Variable Predator Call at a bargin price. Now I am not an expert caller by any means, shoot I am just getting started and this is my first call but I figured it was well worth the deal and with time I will be able to use it very well. I have been practicing with it and can do a cottontail in distress call and a rodent sqeak. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to put that practice into use and see what I can call in.

Just to let you know I didn't use my call because of the neighbors dogs being so close.I did catch 2 hogs in a trap today.That was fun.Chuck

Well as Murphy's Law would have it, I was not as productive at getting the ability to go out and hunt with the calls as I would have hoped. We got our tax return this weeklend and we decided to spend some of it. Saturday was filled with shopping in Dallas and Mesquite at deaprtment stores for cloths for the kids and wife, while I tried to find a deal at Dick's Sporting Goods. No luck at the sporting goods store, but the klids and wife made out like bandits. Sunday (today) was filled with scoring a major deal on a new shed that we had to pick up immediately to be able to get the deal. a 10X14 metal gable roof shed for 250. I was able to finally get out to where we hunt and took my son with me. I think we scared away more than we called in but he had fun using the call and it was time well spent even if it was a short. On another note, we were going to remove a pipe feeder for hogs, until we looked around and found some very large holes and big areas tore up by hogs. I had my son check them and they were still damp where the hogs had rooted up the ground so they must have been there last night after not showing up for months. Guess it is time to get some more corn in the pipe feeder and get back out there and put some meat in the freezer.

Hello guys. I've been gone for a while but I just had to add my 2 cents in on this one. I went out and got the Phantom Pro Series electronic call. The reason I bought it is because I thought maybe I could find a sound card that would contain verious hog calls but I was wrong. Anyways, I got out and tried it out one night and after 30 + minutes of calling, I hit pay dirt. In runs a nice size bobcat, raised my crossbow slowly and death consumed the Kitty. I like this Predator Call. Comes with 60ft of speaker wire so you can have it far away from you.

Site Owner
    ....death consumed the Kitty.... That's a new one! I may have to borrow that one Squirt! LOL