So, me and my brother in law went down to Rancho Sueno Mio just outside of Mathis TX near the lake for the last weekend of deer season in South Texas, already in the season five nice bucks had been harvested off the ranch and I had my chance at a nice buck that I knocked down, but he managed to get up and scoot away into the thick brush. But what I have always wanted to take has been a 250lb or plus wild boar, unfortunately in the past 5 years of hunting Rancho Sueno mio, we ahve never seen one pig, only pack of javelinas, until Sat after the morning hunt, we driving up to the front gate of the ranch to grab some breakfast and there right smack in the middle of the road is a monster wild boar, rooting his way thru a swamp after all the rain we had this weekend, we quickly stopped the truck and jumped out grab my son's single shot .243 and put the cross hairs on him and "click" the round did not fire the gun stayed stuck on safety, so I reload, reset and by then two more boars begin crossing the road following the 1st monster, they are just a tad smaller but still every bit of 200lbs, big and black, so I put my crosshairs on the second boar and "click" the gun stuck again on safety, by this time my brother in law is grabing his bow to walk up and stalk the pigs when they all begin heading into the thcik swampy brush, headed right straight to the property boundry, right before they cross the fence I get one more opportunity to put a bead on them a pop off a round when the gun "click" one last time, no fire and the pigs slip deep into the brush, very frustrating. So we head back out again in the evening hunt, saw no deer and get back in the truck to leave the ranch and we decide to give the front area a nice look to see if the hogs are at in the swamp and sure enough, a group of at least six nice pigs feeding and walking slowly in the swamp bottum lands heading to the brush, with only 5 minutes of daylight left before total darkness we dicided to not put a stalk on the pigs and risk messing up the next days hunt for a buck. Well, we should have tried to stalk the pigs, because the next day not only did we not see any more deer, but the hogs were long gone and who knows when we will ever get that chance again to a harvest a true wild boar!!!