Red vs Green spotlight

This topic is being discussed on another forum I read and wanted to see what additional info I could find out and see what others are using. So what do you use, Red Lens, Green Lens, or no lens? I use a 12 volt spotlight with a red lens. I got it at Gander Mountan for about 30 dollars and it is 3 million candle power. I have made my own portable power for it using a rechargeable battery. Since it connects to the cigarette lighter port in the truck I had to make a connection adapter to connect it to the battery. I did not want to modify the light itself so I purchased an extension power supply from Wal-Mart and cut the cigarette plug end off and but on female butt connectors on it to allow it to connet direct to the battery. I can put this in my duffle bag that I carry all mu stuff in and head out to the field very easily. I prefer the red lens on this cause it does not seem to scare the predators or the hogs but we can also use it in truck for spotting in fields while in the truck too which makes it nice when we take the kids out and drive around to look for animals from spring to fall during the evening hours. My kids love it when we dive around and see any kind of animal - from a squirrel to yotes. I have heard that hogs cannot see the red light persay but do notice the difference in brightness, like they are red blind and only see B - G and not in R-B-G like humans do. Not sure the validity of this information ( http://en.allexperts.com/q/Wildlife-...l-spectrum.htm) but a google search has proven that this information may be correct.

I use green my wife uses red; we both have destroyers. She has had 1 very large hog run when lighted, but most don't even move. We also use a portable red lensed light we made. If you keep the scent off it, it works well & they don't even notice it set out.

A variety of animals supposedly don't see red, but they respond when I light them up with a red light and they can see the IR dull red glow on game cameras. They may not see red, but they apparently can see the light nonetheless. B&W TV didn't see red either, but red came out as shades of gray. Something to consider. I have lit up one hog with a red spotlight and he bolted with a squeal. The distance was 130+ yards. Now some of the difference in how the lights bother some animals may pertain to whether they are looking in the direction of the light when they are lit up or not. It may not bother them any more than moon light if you light up the around around them and they are not looking at toward you. If they are looking toward you, then they undoubtedly see the shine and that there has been an immediate and unnatural change in their environment and this may spook them.

With the little experience I have night hunting hogs I've noticed that if I turn on the Sniper Hog light above them and bring it down slowly they don't seem to mind. If they do move off I let the light on and shine it directly on the corn. It might take a couple of minutes but nearly all the time they return.

Have just purchased the green light to be mounted on my scope from Elusive Wildlife Technologies. Have not had a chance to use it yet. Has anyone else purchased a light from Elusive Wildlife Technologies and how do you like it? The one that I purchased is the XLR250 Gun Light. CLINT FROM FLINT----TEXAS THAT IS

I use a RED Mini Sniper and Destroyer from SHL....and pigs die!!!!