Canning pig pork

Has anybody ever tried canning meat, like feral pig? I know back in the day my folks would can their beef or would have a meat box out sidebecause the lack of refrig. and the hard times to make it easier to store for long periods. I know it may sound funny now, but ya'll know whats gonna happen one of these days when the stuff hits the fan or something major occurs things mite get hard to come by especially food. Just would like toknow a little more than I about the canning meat and pork thing if supplies start getting short. I know some of the older people on this site have probably been thinking the same thing. I am thinking when gas hits around 5 dollars a gallon or diesel, the food prices will skyrocket if you can get it,.will the truckers still be able to operate? I am not scared for me just all the youngerpeople and old folkswho don't have a clue where to get some food. Anybody havingthese thoughts

remember grandma and the other ladies canning pork back in the day, course they didn't waste anythin on a hog, pickled the feet, made head cheese out of the brains, cracklins and soap