Shot placement question.

I am new to hog hunting, and will have my first crack at them in October. So I have been tryig to do as much online research on the subject as I can to ensure I am as ready as can be, which it saying alot I know. I have a question as to where proper shot placement should be. I see this: http://texashoghunter.com/forum.php?...4&tid=2325 which leads me to believe that a shoulder placement is ideal. This is backed by the comments on said post, tons of videos/pictures on the site as well as YT. And this makes sense to me as organs are the quickest way to a kill right? I have been told by many people, one being the guide that I will be hunting with, as well as av variety of sites that heads shots are the only way to go. This is also supported by tons of pics/vids on this site as well as YT. Then I see this: http://texashoghunter.com/forum.php?...24&tid=314 which leads me to also beleive that the shoulder shot is ideal and says never shoot the head. I am a pretty good shot, good optics and good rifle IMO. I will be hunting with a 7mm and using 139g BTSP or 150g Fedral, not decided yet. Though I am leaning toward the 139g as I am comfortable with the round and it performs well with the rifle. What are some of your opinions on shot placement? Thank you in advance for helping out the young pup.

head shote are the quickest way to make a hog dead-- right behind the ear --no tracking-- if you can't make the head shot, put the shot throught the shoulders it should drop him-- remember that a hogs vitals are more forward and lower than deer

So it it more of a confidence issue (head shot).? My question part wanting to know the most favorable spot but also the most effective. I truly believ you should not shoot anything that you not only mean to kill but to keep or donate or give to a friend. So I do want to have the best placement but also have the best chance to make sure they DRT and dont needlessly suffer. You know more than having a bullet smash into your body.

Joe i always tell my hunters if head shots are not possible then two inches behind the elbow and three inches above it. This will put it through the boiler room and or through both lungs or if you shoot too low a clean miss. That area on a hog is the soft spot,meaning that if its a boar with any kind of shield that that place is the softest part. Hope this has helped. STP

It absolutly helps, thanks for the info. Im sure Allen will square us away when we get there, but I dont see a harm in being as prepared as possible ahead of time. Knowing your prey is the best way to kill it effectivly IMO.