Snake protection

Hey all, I am in the process of planning a hunt at Dos Plumas (no idea how excited I am ) and I am trying to get my gear together, and have some questions regarding snake protection. I have never used anything and have no idea where to begin. Ive found gators at Cabelas as well as a variety of boots from all kionds of places. I just want to make sure I am safe in thehunt. I am on somewhat of a buget as teaching English in Taiwan isnt the best paying job LOL. So ANY ideas are welcomed. Thanks guys!!

Allen has some out there for sure, but in the several times I have been there, I have had no issues with the snakes. And that was even during some spot and stalk hunts. But............................they are there. Hogs have a good way of taking care of snakes, they eat them. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW.. did not know that. Thanks ot the info.

I just got through rereading Lonesome Dove on the first page mentions the 2 pigs pulling a rattler apart.I have seen a few pictures with sores on hogs that are supposed to be snake bites.Snake bites I hear are terrible painful and make your skin corrode off.I need to get me some new hitop boots.Good luck.Chuck

To be on the safe side I think I will be looking into some knee boots. Ive seen some of the monsters in Texas....7+ feet.

And that's a baby one too. LOL!!!!!!!

...I'm gonna need a bigger gun

Joe whatever you do stay away from the Cheepie ones(BOOTS) Redhead has some good ones, but me, after these wear out I'm going to get a pair of Chippewas either the lace ups or pullon type both are worth the extra bucks. Justin even makes a good pair. STP

Thanks for the ideas on brands. Yes, Im on the fence, on one hand Ive hunted all my life but dont own snake boots, granted I do mostly upland bird and Deer and turkey , so Im looking at winter time and early spring, both of which I am uslly in a blind or in fields. On the other, snake protection doesnt seem to be an area I want to skimp on lol.