Shooting hogs blind

My buddy and I were out fishing one night on Fort Sill and we had our bows with us. Well we was leaving the fishing hole and it was just getting dark enough to were headlights were a must. Well as we start out we got half way back to the main road when we seen a sounder of hogs. Well my buddy grabs his bow and jumps out and I position the truck so the lights are on the hogs. He gets to within 20 yards of them and draws his bow back. He holds it for about 30 seconds and lets down im thinking shoot dang it. So he creeps a little closer then draws back again. Well this time the hogs are grouped up and he releases his muzzy. Well the hogs take off and I see one get rolled. So I jump back in the truck and drive up to my buddy who now has the pig in hand. Well we get looking at were he hit it and were surprised to see the muzzy went in one eye and out the other eye. So we toss it in the bed of the truck thinking its dead we get about half a mile down the road and we here noise in the bed of the truck so we stopped turn on the bed light and there is the pig walking around. Well I get my knife out and stab it in the lungs and get back in the truck. We get to the house and the thing is still breathing. We had super pig here. Take a look at the pics included and notice the eyes are all bloody and you can see were I stabbed him later on.

they ARE super tough, i've had em run 100+ yards with NO vitals left in their chest cavity

We shot a medium sized pig under the feeder. We went to the spot where we shot at the group. There lay a neat pile of intestines,,, guts, looked like a surgeon had removed them. Very little blood but enough to trail. The pig was about 40- 50 yards away. They are, if anything, tough. Never assume you missed your shot. They can be dead 2 minutes before they quit running and only leave a real small blood trail....

Shoot 'em in the head

Jason,, see the message we left for you on the forum - by Squirt- Who's Game