Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flex Corn

ARhunter yes I agree bring on the hurricanes lol. Chuck I hunt in Coupland and there is nada coming in even the coons have vanished. Guessing they not traveling far from water. Closest tank w/ water to me is about 1/4mi away, suxs!!

I put out a bag of corn out where I was hunting here in Grayson county,I quit for 3 months because heart valve surgery I feel a lot better so if I see tracks near the corn I will drag out my lights and go hunting,not with my 45 70.Sure does sound good. Chuck

We have 2 boar & a small sounder that have showed up in the last 10 days. Finally have a chance to hunt again; heading out tomorrow night. Hopefully we will have some luck. At least chase them off the place again so they don't compete w/ the deer! It is just SO DRY, we haven't seen much at all in the cameras. Do wish we could catch the mountain lion on a pic though!

Chuck glad you've made a healthy recovery, yeah the ole 45/70 might not be the best choice for the shoulder pounder. Yes fening also gonna check the cam this weekend. May just have to break out the predator call see what happens. Mountian lion would be awesome!!!!

Well I saw tracks near the cornthis morning ,most of the corn was gone.There was a hog wallow in the tank.We got lots of hogs in Grayson County.I want to kill a bunch.Chuck

I saw an AMERICAN HUNTER VARMIT BUSTER ZAPPER on ebay zaps the coons when they get near the spinner .21.00.I am going to buy one as corn is too expensive to waste on those guys.Chuck

Saw some called "Deer Golden Nuggets" at Tractor Supply today. Some kind of corn whatever also, buty at 14 bucks a bag, I'll stick to the 8.50 a 40 for now.

I went and traded one of my 223 for a 243 .Shot it today 20 rounds no pain so I am going hunting hogs the first night things are right.You notice I didn't say the first cool night.Chuck

Nice!! Yes a lot less punishment on the ole shoulder. Getting my feeder put back together today. Hope to be going soon. Good luck!!!

Got the feeder up and running. Pig pipe was empty and moved, was all excited. Checked the pics, nothing but coons,possum,skunk, and bobcat. Guess i'll just have to go blast some coons lol.