Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    We had storms come through last night and all that happened was that the wind picked up and a couple of lightning strikes started ground fires resulting in several local VFDs rolling out to fight the fires. Maybe more later?

Good luck on the rain. We are praying for it!

Any rain up there? We got nothing here in Bryan but a light shower at our place. Hoping we got a better shower out there today.

No rain in Pottsboro.Yesterday we had a storm that dropped a little rain early in the morning inclueded a storm that caused me to work all weekend.Then it got hot today and muggy.Ready for fall.Chuck

I think we got 1.1" on Thursday and spit on on Friday. Sadly, the rain and spit hasn't even been enough to close up the cracks in the ground.

I tell ya what we wish we could get 1.1 of rain we hit 108 four days in a row with 105 the norm. We got about 15 drops Sunday but thats it. Alot of the ranchers here are havin to sell off their cattle and I have seen tanks dry that have never been dry before. On the headquarters ranch the pigs are comin right up behind the camphouse to the well fed tank to drink. Bad thing is so are the deer and the big hogs are runnin them off! STP

I think we got about that much rain too! :-( Added 300 gallons more yesterday and will add more on Friday since 300 did not fill it.

Yeah, we set a new record, 59 days over 100!!! We did get a decent little shower, 1/2" last week, but it only settled the dust, didn't even budge the cracks! Trees are so brown. Hogs are chasing deer off our feeders & water. My buddy got 3 last week. I'm going to try to get some over this long weekend. They are really coming to the water & food now. Hopefully, I will see some! EVERYONE, KEEP PRAYING FOR RAIN!

Yep, added another 175. Looks like the hole only holds about 500, tops. My initial estimate on refilling has been stepped up. What water my little natural spring was still producing appears to be completely gone. The spring is now dry. Heard some "expert" on the radio talking about Texas oak trees. He estimated that we could lose 1/3 of them as a result of this drought, many of which will die in the next 1-2 years. Looking at my place, trees next to clearings where the sun bakes the land seem to be doing worse than most in the middle of the woods where they shade each other. Similarly, the acorn crop is going to be terrible this fall as the trees have low numbers of tiny acorns now when they should already be quite large and the limbs bowing to the weight. I think you will find even more problems with hogs chasing off deer come the fall.