Thread: New Digs...

New Digs...

The windows have plexi-glass which slides back and foorth to open up for shooting. It is 4 ft. wide so that it can fit in the back of my truck to haul, and 6 ft. tall inside so that you can stand up to stretch. Floor and ceiling have board insulation. Overall height is 8 ft.

I'm guessing the upper windows are for those times you are stretching your legs? LMAO!!!!!!!

Looks good Mike. Deff keep the wind off of ya, plus a heater for those loooooong nights waiting to give a piggy a 30-30 hot lead injection.

Yup!!!! That's the plan! I made up my mind LAST winter I was NOT going to freeze THIS winter. Intend to set it up about 150 yds. from a power source to run an electric heater. Put me a flat screen and mini fridge in and it's GAME ON!!!!!

hahahahaha that sounds like a plan.

Not to rain on your new digs..........BUT being in the electric bussiness 150 yards = to 450' and trying to run a electric heater, TV, Fridge, and other stuff , The size of wire you are going to need will be running you a lot of money, plus the conduit you will have place it in (because the mice and other roudents WILL eat that wire up) and the min. size breaker you will need will be a 30 amps. .....Wal-mart does not sell extension cords that long or at that size. May want to talk to some one about this.... Would not want to see you burn up the new digs or have any one get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by uc1
    Not to rain on your new digs..........BUT being in the electric bussiness 150 yards = to 450' and trying to run a electric heater, TV, Fridge, and other stuff , The size of wire you are going to need will be running you a lot of money, plus the conduit you will have place it in (because the mice and other roudents WILL eat that wire up) and the min. size breaker you will need will be a 30 amps. .....Wal-mart does not sell extension cords that long or at that size. May want to talk to some one about this.... Would not want to see you burn up the new digs or have any one get hurt.
    hehe! Yup, thought that may be an issue. I'm really only going to run 1 small heater. Measured it again yesterday and it's only190 ft. Got 2 ext. cords yesterday and put them out. Plan on testing it next week when I go out again. Might just hav to blaket it up this winter if the power situation doesn't pan out. Thanks for the heads up!!!