Scope Information

First Happy Thanksgiving to all. Ok now on to the question, I just got a new 223 for my Birthday (thanks to my wife) and I'm planning to do a lot of coyote hunting. I'm looking at the Barska 6x24x50 with a BDC (Bullet Drop Compensator) and Mil-dot optic. I was looking for someone who may have information on this scope or have owned one or have any comments about this company. Any one know an other type in this price range $150 to $200 for the 223 I'll would be interested in knowing about them. Thanks again and Happy Hunting Uc1. P.S. Yesterday I found a Vortex Crossfire 6x24x50 / AO Any one know about this one ether?

I don't know about the Barska except to say that whatever the BDC is set for probably won't be what you are shooting and hence may not have any useful relevance for you. BDCs are set for a given bullet weight and type leaving the muzzle at a given velocity under specific environmental conditions. If you can't meet these critreia, then it will be off. Mil dot would be a better way to go. As for the Vortex Crossfire, don't buy it. The Crossfire line is Vortex's cheap line of scopes. They have issues. The following link goes to a description of one that broke at my range and there is a link to a similar story for another one. http://thefiringline.com/forums/show...ight=crossfire

Thanks for the freat information on the Vortex. I did read all over the net how bad they are. Help need a good solid scope that will not cost me an arm and leg.r a scope w/ mil-dot redical around $200 plus needs to have a front optic of 50 because of low light of hunting yotes in the A.M. Please let me know what you are using. Update..update..Well I found one. It's a Millett6-25x56 LRS (long range scope) I found it on Natchezss shooterssupply. I read all the reviews and I know the rings are 35mm which are more expensive but for the $$ I saved it will be worth it. Plus with the sale that is going on now I saved a boat load of $$$$$$ Happy Holidays to all! Uc1

I think the Millet will be a much better choice than the Crossfire! Good hunting!