Need Info on Brushy Hill Ranch

6 of us are planning a hog hunt at Brushy Hills Ranch in Sabinal, TX the first part of March. Was wondering if anyone here has hunted there and any tips on hunting areas, best waysto hunt the ranch,etc. Don't know anything about this ranch so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I see that no one has written back on your blog. If I was you you may want to check the BBB or call the local gun or hunting shop. The reason I say this was because I did the same last year and after driving for 16 hours and showing up with 3 other hunters and paying $350.00 per hunter it all was a scam... Just becareful. I m not saying this is the same here but I wish we hade done this for when we did talk to everyone in the area, They knew of the scam he was running......... No pigs that week-end.....3 very unhappy friends....long drive home

I always tell people to check craigs list for hunts and then do your homework for seeing there not a scam.I hate scammers and bad hunts.What ever come on down and kill some of our hogs we have them to spare.Chuck

I googled it and found out its a bowhunting ranch and 13000 acres.I guess thats it.Read some good reports from bow hunters,it is in a good area for hogs. Just come prepared for hot weather it can get hot anytime and other way around it can be cold as all get out the next day.Good luck.Chuck

Getting close to the first part of March, So your hunt is getting near, Just want to wish you good luck and let us all know how it goes.

Yes it is getting close, we will be hunting there on March 7,8, and 9. We plan on video taping the hunt so hopefully we'll have some good video to share. Thanks to everyone for the replies and assistance.

Finaly got back to Wyoming from the Brushy Hill Ranch. Had a great time there even though we didn't get any hogs. Seems due to our luck and some weather problems we struck out. I did want to let everyone know what our impressions were of the ranch. Pete Denney, the ownerof the ranchwas great to deal with and was very helpful when we went to him for advise about hunting the ranch. ( should have spoke to him several days before we did, our luck might have been different).There is ALOT of hogs, deer, and turkey on this ranch. We hunted the Wil Rehm pasture and saw some really big deer and actually got 1 on fim that Brushy Hill has on thier website now. The hogs were totally nocturnal and we weren't as prepaired for that as we thought. We did see several hogs right a dark, 1 being in the 300 to 400 pound range but couldn't get a shot at them, plus it was well after camera light. We planned this trip during the full moon and had overcast and drizzling rain practicaly the whole time we were there. I actually walked to within 10 feet of a hog 1 night and had no idea he was there until he grunted and ran. Couldn't see anything without a light. The animals on this ranch have been bow hunted hard so if you go there take your A game with you. Scent control is a must, these hogs have learned when they run across corn to circle 50 to 60 yards around the corn trying to smell you. Learned that to late to help us. Don't pay for the guide to build your blind for you, scout and build it yourself AWAY from the feeders 60 to 75 yards and catch the hogs circling the feeder. another thing we learned, DO NOT use a pop up blind there, even the turkeys know what a pop up blind is for! Build a natural blind to hunt in. This place is also a turkey hunters dream. All in all we had a great time there and are planning a trip there next year and maybe with what we learned this time things will turn out different.