Double-Trouble....

First double tonight with the new Weatherby .338. The big reason I bought this gun in this caliber was for just this purpose. Multiple kills with one high-powered shot. Tonight, everything worked out well as you can tell from the carnage!!!! Coupland, tx., 7:30 pm, 75 yds.

Nice two-fer! Sure you got enough blood there!

Your a BADDDDD MANNNNN!!!!

First of all congrats on a double header... but with that much blood all around the feederwill that keep the hogs away from that spot and you have to clean it up, or will they just keep comming in and eatting the corn with all that blood there?

Short answer I believe is...maybe. You never can tell. I think that every hog is different based on what it has experienced in it's life. Pigs see death all the time in the woods. Animals die, and it's obviously not unnatural. But if a pig has expereinced the smell of blood and then made the connection with a negative stimuli to that smell, then they may spook. But if not, then probably not. I've shot 4 pigs in one trap and literally had it raining blood all around. Next week, more pigs in the same trap in the same location. Conversely, I've shot a single pig in a trap that only bled internally and didn't have any hogs enter the trap for 3 months. (Game camera showed them feeding around the trap, but they would never enter it.) I think it all depends on what they have learned. Here is a video from awhile back that actually shows hogs eating corn of off another pig (from the SAME sounder) that I shot half an hour earlier. Crazy stuff!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8-42...2&feature=plcp

I have seen hogs die beneith a feeder and the rest of them return in min's with thier dead buddy laying there. Like sir said, it all depends on the hog.

I think some of your corn got stained. :-)