Thread: Super Moon!!!!

Super Moon!!!!

Supermoon is this week guys and gals! Get out there and get a pig!!!!! http://news.yahoo.com/supermoon-alert-biggest-full-moon-2012-occurs-week-180214325.html Good luck!!!

Last Night, Structure, Tx., 6:30 pm. Ihave recently taken to actually hauling 4 guns to the blind with me when I go out now. Overkill for sure, but then again that's what I'm there for. Believe it or not, Iactually got/had to use all4 of them this evening. 1 st Encounter: .30-30 Double kill from 75 yds. Put down the two biggest hogs in the sounder. 2 nd Encounter: 2 rounds of .00 buckshot from the new pistol grip 12 gauge to finsish off the first pig that was still kickin'. 3 rd Encounter: 1 round of .00 12 gauge Buckshot. Ihear a noise 10 yards from me, look up, and the hog which was behind the first pig in the double has only been wounded, but can't use it's back legs. I begin to walk towards it, she rears up her front, snarles, and starts to make for me. 1 bang from the buckshot and she goes down. Brain shot from 2 yards away. 4 thEncounter:6 rounds of .00 Buckshot 12 gauge. Inotice a small gilt running away from the scene of the carnage in the woods and I give chase. 6 rounds later, I had only managed to hit her twice with2 pellets and she ran off. I wouldn't know I had hit her at all until later upon examination. I was out of shotgun rouns at that point, so I retreated to the blind. 5 th Encounter: Wouldn't you know it! 15 minutes after chasing the gilt, it shows back up again at a different feeder eating the corn. Out comes thetrusty .30-30 and she falls. I run up to the feeder to inspect and while she is down, has only been spined. 56 th Encounter: No more shotgun shells left, so Ipull out the Taurus 9mm and gently put forth 2 rounds into her body. 7 th Encounter: At this point, it's odvious that all hell has broken loose inthe woods, so Idecide to pack it up and hit the road. While loading everyting from the blind into the truck, I hear another sounder attempting to approach the 2nd feeder. My .338 is unloaded, but I raise it to my eye, turn the NV scope on and make out a whole bunch of gleaming eyes which abruptly dart off into the deep woods. They got spooked them. Don' t know how ; ) Here is a pic.

Last Night, Structure, Tx., 6:30 pm. Ihave recently taken to actually hauling 4 guns to the blind with me when I go out now. Overkill for sure, but then again that's what I'm there for. Believe it or not, Iactually got/had to use all4 of them this evening. 1 st Encounter: .30-30 Double kill from 75 yds. Put down the two biggest hogs in the sounder. 2 nd Encounter: 2 rounds of .00 buckshot from the new pistol grip 12 gauge to finsish off the first pig that was still kickin'. 3 rd Encounter: 1 round of .00 12 gauge Buckshot. Ihear a noise 10 yards from me, look up, and the hog which was behind the first pig in the double has only been wounded, but can't use it's back legs. I begin to walk towards it, she rears up her front, snarles, and starts to make for me. 1 bang from the buckshot and she goes down. Brain shot from 2 yards away. 4 thEncounter:6 rounds of .00 Buckshot 12 gauge. Inotice a small gilt running away from the scene of the carnage in the woods and I give chase. 6 rounds later, I had only managed to hit her twice with2 pellets and she ran off. I wouldn't know I had hit her at all until later upon examination. I was out of shotgun rouns at that point, so I retreated to the blind. 5 th Encounter: Wouldn't you know it! 15 minutes after chasing the gilt, it shows back up again at a different feeder eating the corn. Out comes thetrusty .30-30 and she falls. I run up to the feeder to inspect and while she is down, has only been spined. 56 th Encounter: No more shotgun shells left, so Ipull out the Taurus 9mm and gently put forth 2 rounds into her body. 7 th Encounter: At this point, it's odvious that all hell has broken loose inthe woods, so Idecide to pack it up and hit the road. While loading everyting from the blind into the truck, I hear another sounder attempting to approach the 2nd feeder. My .338 is unloaded, but I raise it to my eye, turn the NV scope on and make out a whole bunch of gleaming eyes which abruptly dart off into the deep woods. They got spooked them. Don' t know how ; ) Here is a pic.

Wow. Must have sounded like WWIII out there. You go from not seeing anything to this....incredible! We were too tired from school & too much work this weekend to get out. Sure had hoped to.