Thread: 232 lb Boar

232 lb Boar

Went out hunting with my wife 12/23/12. We surprised a sounder at my feeder but didn't get a shot. A small sow wondered up a little later but when I lit her up, she got out of there quick. I was too impatient & rushed it. Good thing too because about 30 minutes later, we could hear a hog circling us. Took him 30 minutes to come in to the feeder & settle down to eat. I was much more patient this time & nailed him. The shot went thru his heart, broke his shoulder, & he still managed to run/stagger 20 yds & dropped within 10 yds of our stand. He was bigger than we thought, 45 1/2" around laying on the ground & 43" hanging, a Russian mix weighing 232 lbs. with some nice cutters. I was very happy to get him because my wife was threatening to take the next shot & she can shoot! I still have bragging rights because we haven't seen any hogs on our place since.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice job there!!! I always try and sneak up to the feeders when I am first going in, just in case something is there. Usually there isn't, but when there is, I'm so surprised that I usually botch the shot in some way. You are a better hunter than I for sticking it out after the sow took off. Two times busted and I would be back at the house with my feet up in front of the fire. Good job hanging in there. Patience pays off!!!!
    6 Yrs. - 399 Hunts - 196 Hogs - 49.12% Ratio

Site Owner
    Nice job! Keep up the good work....and keep those pictures and stories coming !
    Clark Osborne - TexasHogHunter.com Owner / Admininistrator

Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT (Manufacturer-Suppressors, full-auto etc., Night Vision/Thermal Sales)

www.cottonwoodarmory.com

www.TacticalHogControl.com ......We don't Fear the Night,,,,,We OWN it!

Guided Night Vision and Thermal Hog hunts