newbie greenhorn

Hello yall out there in cyber hog land!!!! I live in central arkansas Im new to this site and a relative novice at hog hunting even though Ive spent countless days stalking and tracking feral hogs all over the state! Ive only killed one allthough Ive come close many times. Im am really more of a turkey hunter but I see a big problem thretening my birds so Im focusing my non turkey season time on hogs. I really want to focus on trapping. I have a trap on the ground on about 300 acres but the hogs have a wide range and are scarce. I have an overwhellming desire to be a part of the future of hog management in Arkansas but I need to cut my teath on this. Any help or advise in cyber world or real world would be greatly appreciated!!!!! Thanks for your support!!!!

Welcome to the site. We don't trap much. Only shoot the suckers & put meat in the freezer. Hogs are very smart & smell great. Rarely do the same thing again if one in the sounder is shot. They also move alot if heavily hunted. Stay active on this site & you will learn alot. Good luck

Welcome to the site. I dont really see a question to try to help you with?.? I know hogs are a big problem with ground nesting birds. I can point you in the direction of trap making, but with just 300 acres when they wise up to the trap(s) you wont see too many of them in them. If you could get your neighbor land owners to help or let you trap on their land also that might help. You might try a figure 6 trap & make it large enough that they dont feel so closed in..leave it un-set for a couple weeks. I had a post on here somewhere on how to build one..I cant seem to find it since the switch to the new site..If interested I will post it again for you.