A Little Coon Prevention....

A good buddy of mine told me about this trick a few years ago, but I've never tried it. Coons are so bad now at my feeders that I'm blowing through 325# of corn in less than two weeks, plus they like to hang on the motor and wires. These are simple carpet tack strips zip-tied to each feeder leg. We'll see if it keeps them off....

001.jpg
    6 Yrs. - 399 Hunts - 196 Hogs - 49.12% Ratio

Well, went back out a couple days ago and everything is fine. No coon damage, and no coon pics from the Stealth cam of critters crawling up the feeder legs. Seems to be working!!! ; )

This looks like a great idea. We need to try this. Great idea.

Might want to save yourself $6.00. Game cam has them STILL crawling right up the feeder legs.. Delicately, but they are still getting to the motor.mmmrrrrrrrrr.........

I have used PVC pipe never carpet tacks..good idea

I was going to try some kind of barb wire to wrap around the legs next. Regular barb wire I think is too thick to wrap around the legs in a tight fashion, so I was thinking there might be some sort of thinner alternative out there. I've seen the pvc used before, but never tried it. Seems like a great idea. Will probably try that next. Thanks!