Armasight Nemesis 6+ ID 2nd gen

I recently bought the Armasight Nemesis 6+ ID 2nd gen rifle scope. I received an email from Optics Planet for the 2013 Christmas specials with 10% off everything, free shipping and returns. So I was looking at there web site and I saw the Armasight Nemesis 6+ ID 2nd gen scope was on sale. Since I have a thing for night vision, I looked further and saw the price was to low to show, so I added the scope to my cart to see the price. The scope was on special for $1459.00 plus an additional 10% and free shipping.
    I bought the scope for $1304.00 and free shipping. The thing that intrigued me the most was the large front objective. I have a lot of experience with night vision and I currently own six night vision scopes. I have found that the larger the front objective the better the resolution and light gain. I would rather carry an extra pound or two for the increased range of the scope. After all what good is a small scope if you can not see what you need to see, when you want to see it, or need to see it before it see’s you?

When the scope arrived, I was impressed with the 80mm front objective. The scope is large for the newer night vision. But from what I have scene the manufactures are trying to make the night vision scopes small at a trade off in performance. This is not the case with the Armasight Nemesis 6+ ID 2nd gen. I had to try the scope in the daytime because I wanted to see how good it was. I turned on the scope with the day cover on and was impressed with the sharpness and clarity of the scope for a 2nd gen night vision scope. This is the first rifle scope I have scene with the crosshairs mounted behind the ITT. I was surprised to find a black duplex crosshair similar to a Leupold Vari X III crosshair. This feature is great, because the illumined reticules have always obscured the target and made precision shot placement extremely hard to do.

I mounted the Armasight Nemesis 6+ ID 2nd gen scope and a Frankenstein rifle I made.
    It is an AR-15 with the following parts, Spikes Tactical Lower, CMMG lower parts, Geissele supper semi-automatic trigger, Magpul MOE rifle stock, Armalite buffer and spring, Aero Precision upper receiver, Olympic Arms stainless ultra match barrel 1 in 8 twist, Yankee Hill Machine quad rail and covers, PRI gas block flip-up front sight, Knights Armament USMC flip-up rear sight, Delton charging handle with Badger Ordnance tactical Latch, Magpul grip, Magpul trigger guard, Smith Enterprises Vortex flash suppressor. With the day scope, the gun shoots ¼ MOA.

While mounting the scope I had trouble with the large objective. With the scope day light cover on, the scope front objective was too big with the Yankee Hill Machine quad rail installed. I had a choice, one cut the day cover and risk damaging the scope in day light, or two cut a couple of the rails off the quad rail so the scope would fit with the cover on. I chose to cut the rails off the quad rail.

My first trip to the range was cold and windy. So I did not shoot, I just observed what the scope was capable of doing.
    Here are my observations results form the range.

30% Moon 07 Dec 2013

No IR 200 yards Excellent, 300 yards Good 500 yards Fair
    ELR Torch 300 yards Excellent, 500 yards Good
    Dipol Laser 500 Yards Excellent, 600 yards Good

Armasight IR-850 Detachable long-range illuminator
    Excellent out to 200 yards and no good beyond that.

Excellent equals, I could see a rabbit sized target.
    Good equals, I could see a coyote sized target.
    Fair equals, I could see a man sized target.

My next trip to the range was on 16 Dec 2013 with a full moon night, with the moon low in the sky and 100% cloud cover. The observation was only a little better than the 30% Moon night because of the low moon angle and 100% cloud cover. However, I was able to shoot the rifle with no wind. The Armasight Nemesis 6+ manual says the elevation and windage adjustment are ½ inch at 100 yards. However, I found them to be closer to ¼ inch at 100 yards. My first shot was on paper and I easily adjusted the scope to 1 ¼ inch high at 100 yards.
    The Armasight Nemesis 6+ manual says the scope reticle is 1 yard at 100 yards but I found it to be about 7 inches from one side of the duplex to the other, or about 3 ½ inches to the center of the reticle. Once I had the scope sighted in, I shot at a clean target to see what kind of group I could get. I shot a ¼ inch group.
    I was able to shoot out to 500 yards with the correct hold over.

My next trip to the range was on 30 Dec 2013. It was a no moon night with clear skies and no wind. This is the night I knew I was going to find out what the scope was really capable of performing. I first shot a group on clean paper to see if the scope held it’s zero. And it did with a ¼ inch group 1 ¼ high at l00 yards.

I had just purchased a Luna LN-ELIR 3 Laser Illuminator and was eager to test it along with the Armasight Nemesis 6+ ID 2nd scope.

With (NO) IR, I could shoot rabbits out to 100 yards, coyotes out to 200 yards, and man sized targets out to 300 yards.
    With the ELR Torch, I could shoot rabbits out to 200 yards, coyotes at 300 yards and man sized targets at 500 yards.
    With the Luna IR laser, I could shoot rabbits out to 600 yards and see man sized targets out to a mile.
    The Dipol IR laser had the same results as the Luna IR laser.

The scope was clear enough with the Luna LN-ELIR 3 Laser Illuminator to see my bullet marks on a white 12X12 inch steal plate at 500 yards.

With the right IR illuminator the Nemesis 6+ ID works as well as a 3rd gen scope in all lighting. The signal to noise ratio on this scope must be near 20, with around 54 lp/mm.

I would highly recommend this scope!
    PICT0792.jpg
    100yd target.jpg
    Last edited by Raven0369; 01-05-2014 at 07:47 PM. Reason: New Photo